Atlanta Country Day School is an accredited, private school that provides alternative learning options in a safe environment for students grade 6 through 12.
ACDS is located in Sandy Springs, Georgia and has been around for over 40 years providing quality education in a small and individualized setting.
At ACDS we believe that every student can succeed. This is why we have developed a range of program options perfect for students with different learning needs and backgrounds. Our program is individualized with a 6:1 student to teacher ratio, facilitating the educational needs of students who may suffer academic anxiety in large classroom settings.
ACDS is accredited through Cognia (AdvancED, SACS) and the Georgia Accrediting Commission.
Atlanta Country Day School’s Purpose Statement
Atlanta Country Day School will prepare its graduates to be:
Responsible, Self-Directed Adults who:
- Make realistic choices/informed decisions based on factual knowledge, an awareness of their strengths and weaknesses
- Are committed to life-long learning.
- Exhibit study habits and work habits, including regular, punctual attendance and effective time management
- Are able to investigate the relationships between their education and their personal goals.
Ethical/Effective Citizens who:
- Respect cultural, physical, economic, intellectual, age, gender, and religious diversity
- Adopt and value ethical principles and attitudes (i.e. honesty, integrity, responsibility, compassion)
- Recognize and value their responsibility to society and make positive contributions to their community (i.e. care for the environment, volunteer)
- Recognize the consequences of the use of drugs, alcohol, and tobacco.
Complex/Critical Thinkers who:
- Have mastered fundamentals of language, history, math, science, and foreign language
- Demonstrate the ability to collect, analyze, and organize resources and information
- Effectively analyze data from multiple sources to develop solutions to problems
- Use logical decision-making processes
- Demonstrate the ability to apply decisions or solutions to future situations by making predictions, connections, and/or recommendations.