ACDS prides itself in maintaining a safe, accredited, and individualized learning environment for all who attend.
Atlanta Country Day School’s Purpose Statement:
Atlanta Country Day School will prepare its graduates to be:
Responsible, Self-Directed Adults who:
- Make realistic choices/informed decisions based on factual knowledge, an awareness of their strengths and weaknesses
- Are committed to life-long learning.
- Exhibit study habits and work habits, including regular, punctual attendance and effective time management
- Are able to investigate the relationships between their education and their personal goals.
Ethical/Effective Citizens who:
- Respect cultural, physical, economic, intellectual, age, gender, and religious diversity
- Adopt and value ethical principles and attitudes (i.e. honesty, integrity, responsibility, compassion)
- Recognize and value their responsibility to society and make positive contributions to their community (i.e. care for the environment, volunteer)
- Recognize the consequences of the use of drugs, alcohol, and tobacco.
Complex/Critical Thinkers who:
- Have mastered fundamentals of language, history, math, science, and foreign language
- Demonstrate the ability to collect, analyze, and organize resources and information
- Effectively analyze data from multiple sources to develop solutions to problems
- Use logical decision-making processes
- Demonstrate the ability to apply decisions or solutions to future situations by making predictions, connections, and/or recommendations.